Wine tasting in Napa is a terrific way to try out many different types of wine, including ones produced by boutique wineries you might not otherwise find in your local wine shop. It doesn’t matter if you’re a long-time enthusiast or consider yourself more of an amateur; if you love wine, a wine tasting is perhaps one of the most enjoyable ways to spend some time with people who share your passion.
For the most positive wine tasting experience, you want to visit one or more tasting rooms where the wines are excellent and the personnel are knowledgeable, fun, and friendly. Here are three of our favorite tips for getting the most out of your next Napa Valley wine tasting experience.
- Ask questions. Tasting room ambassadors love sharing information about their wines and how they’re made. Don’t worry if your question is “silly!” If there is something you’re not sure of or don’t understand, just ask!
- Taste what you like. If you’re a hardcore red wine fan and that’s what you’re interested in tasting, it’s perfectly fine to pass on the whites or other varietals. No one’s going to judge you! That said, going outside your comfort zone can sometimes result in a few pleasant surprises.
- Take notes. This can be really helpful if you’re visiting several wineries or wine tasting rooms. It will help you remember what you tasted and can signal to the pourers you’re serious about the tasting exercise, which often results in more personalized treatment that caters to your interests.
The most important thing to remember about creating a memorable wine tasting in Napa Valley is that it’s an experience meant to be savored and enjoyed!
An Unforgettable Wine Tasting Experience in Napa Valley
A visit to Strala Vineyards provides everything you could want from a Napa Valley wine tasting experience and more. Open daily from 10 to 5, we’re conveniently located on the Brasswood Estate in St. Helena and offer several ways for you to sample and enjoy our wines.
- Outdoor tastings and lunch pairings feature local and seasonal fare from the Brasswood Bar & Kitchen. There’s no better way to learn about our premium wines than while enjoying them in Brasswood’s easygoing atmosphere.
- Our guided wine tastings blend wine, food, and culture where you nosh on tasty offerings from the Brasswood Bar & Kitchen while checking out the Gallery at Brasswood’s terrific art collection.
- At-home online virtual tastings let you continue the Strala experience from the comfort of your living room. Just get comfy, sit back, and learn more about our latest offerings from one of our wine specialists!